Mission – Who we are and how we help.
We are a team of care professionals, staff and volunteers that work in complimentary ways to help alleviate the physical, emotional and spiritual suffering of patients living with a life threatening or serious disease.
Through the provision of individual and family support, compassionate care, counselling, support groups and open and honest interactions, we proactively assist patients to live as independently and comfortably as possible.
“Palliative care improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing life-threatening illness by providing pain relief and management of other distressing and debilitating symptoms. Palliative care services are appropriate from the time of diagnosis of a life-threatening illness and throughout the course of the illness.” (W.H.O)
- To provide accessible, auditable and accountable care, reflecting evidence-based practice.
- To offer a clinical, educational and advisory resource, which appropriately meets the assessed needs of the local population.
- To be seen as experts at creating healing environments for Palliative and Supportive Care.
- To ensure that our clinical environments include the essential supportive services needed to meet personal, emotional and practical needs, as well as treating the medical symptoms.
- To provide specialist care to patients, caregivers and families who are facing complex physical, emotional and practical difficulties arising from a life threatening illness.
- We believe in respecting the individual’s dignity and choices and enhance the quality of care for patients in all care settings through partnership, collaboration, advice and education.
We recognize that our greatest resource is our highly trained and skilled workforce and the community of volunteers and supporters who have together developed the strong sense of shared ownership enabling us to excel.